Upstate New York has seen significant changes in the real estate and construction industries. Clients in these industries need more from their accountants than accounting and tax services. They need consultants who can furnish valuable insights and value-added services derived from real-world experience.
Davie Kaplan's real estate professionals have extensive backgrounds in your industry.
Our consulting services include:
- Acquisition and divestiture
- Business and financial analysis
- Cash flow projections
- Cost segregations
- Compensation analysis
- Due diligence procedures
- Strategic and operational planning
- Structuring transactions to minimize taxes
The hands-on experience we have gained by working with residential, commercial and industrial developers has enabled us to design a unique series of procedures for generating savings. We have developed due diligence procedures, checklists and other systems to help our clients maximize their profits and safeguard their investments.
In addition to traditional services such as tax planning and income tax return preparation, compliance, audits and reviews, we provide a broad range of special services to our real estate clients, including the following:
- Compilation of forecasts and projections
- Assistance with real estate acquisitions and related entity selections, including consultation on the formation of LLCs
- Specialized advice on issues in all aspects of partnership taxation, including 704(b) allocations, allocation of liabilities, receipt of partnership interests for services, disguised sales, etc.
- Expedited K-1 preparation service to ensure prompt delivery of partnership, S Corp., and LLC income tax returns
- Percentage rent audits and HUD audits
- Structuring of like-kind exchanges on a tax free basis
- Depreciation planning for constructed buildings (cost allocations)
- Review of leases and lease structuring from both the landlord and tenant perspective to maximize tax benefits
- Review and certification of low income housing credits, rehabilitation credits, and certified historic structure credits
- Analysis and minimization of capitalized interest and other expenses on
on the specific services that can benefit your firm can be found at the links
For more information, contact